The Blentech CheeseTherm cooking system is the efficient way to cook processed or analog cheese. This system utilizes twin horizontal agitation technology that has proven to produce high-quality finished products using a variety of processed and analog cheese formulations. The CheeseTherm is proven to save on raw material costs due to optimized machine design. The cook chamber and agitator geometry is proportioned to deliver excellent mixing properties and even distribution of heat. Please contact Paragon for details on analog/processed cheese production on the CheeseTherm.
The counter-rotating twin solid screw agitator design gently blends the cheese while it imparts a controlled shearing action – improving quality. The “double action” of the two adjacent agitators moves the cheese in opposite directions continuously stretching the cheese. This stretching action is especially beneficial in developing the fibrous texture of mozzarella cheese.
The key to even heating is the proprietary poppet steam injector valves. The steam pressure pushes the sprung valve open during cooking, diffusing the steam flow in a 360⁰ radial pattern to distribute the heat evenly. The blending action and variable RPM of the counter-rotating twin agitators quickly “fuse” the steam and cheese particles together while kneading the moisture into the dry ingredients allowing them to hydrate properly.
Range of Products & Applications
Cheese & dairy products, cheese slurries, viscous sauces, cheese spreads, flavored cream cheese
Proven Modes of Operation and Technical Highlights
- Vacuum Cooking/Cooling
- Proprietary design of both high and low shear direct steam injectors allows custom control of steam addition into the product. Both styles of steam injector deliver steam to the product in 360⁰ radial pattern to ensure even distribution.
- ASME Code jackets to deliver a wide range of steam pressure ratings per your requirements.
- Proprietary jacket construction techniques optimized to increase heat transfer efficiency and drive down process times.
- Multi-zone jacket surface area selection capability to allow flexibility between small and large batches and also the building of complex foods (ethnic curries/gravies, sauces, soups).
- Patented “Cook-Cool-Chill” Process to preserve product flavor profile while cooling product to 85°F (30°C) or to 40°F (5°C).
- Vacuum de-aeration of molten cheese for smooth finished product.
- Mold filling system (to fill molten cheese into block molds prior to setting).
- Precision vacuum control system.
- Temperature control systems (jacket pressure sensing, PID, modulating valve).
- Proprietary temperature and agitator control systems to extend life of cooker body while reducing and often eliminating product adherence to the heat transfer surfaces during cooking.
- Proprietary construction techniques to reduce thermal cyclic fatigue experienced when operating at high temperatures, thus extending the life of Blentech cookers over all competitors.
- Blentech DiscSeal shaft seal system is robust, easily cleanable seal system that is gentle on the agitator shaft and provides an effective seal against equipment end walls.
- Adjustable motor mounts.
- Sanitary design.
- Integrated Material Handling Systems (raw ingredient loading / automated feeding, finished product transport).
- Integration of conical scraped surface surge hopper with low pressure jacket to maintain temperature for filling equipment.
- Integrated Weight Management System
- Integrated Chopping/Emulsification System
- P&ID Development
- Custom PLC Programming
- Complete Turnkey Systems
150 lbs (68 kgs) to 2000 lbs (907 kgs)
Applications: Processed cheese, analog cheese, cheese/dairy-based sauces